I feel that since this week in English class I was assigned to debate topic of marijuana legalization it would only be right to talk about the show Weeds. Now I have such mixed feelings about this show. It is so inconsistent that I can’t even make up my mind whether I like it or not. Sometimes its great, and then other times its horrible. I wish the writers would just make up their minds about where they are going with the show that way I can decide if I want to devote a substantial part of my life to watching it. The general consensus I feel is that the first two seasons were far more entertaining than the third, fourth fifth and sixth seasons.
If you happened to never have seen an episode or have no idea what the show it is about I will attempt to explain but even I, a devoted viewer of this show, seem to be confused to what is going on at times. The show stars Mary Louise Parker as Nancy Botwin a widowed mother of two who sells marijuana to make ends meet. She lives with her brother in law Andy who in my opinion is the funniest character on the show because he not the typical uncle you might imagine being that he often smokes marijuana with Nancy’s seventeen year old son Silas. If you are debating watching the show I would suggest renting the first two seasons but after that the show starts to just get ridiculous. After the second season it is just Nancy Botwin getting into more and more trouble with drug deals that the show becomes more depressing than funny. I think it really hit me in season five when she has a child with a Mexican drug lord and mayor that I said where the hell are they going with this. I think at this point the show is far beyond the point of repair and that it can only go down hill.
Despite this harsh review of the last few seasons I would suggest watching the first two if you have some time. Episodes are less than a half hour and the first two seasons were very funny.
Here is a preview of Weeds Season One Enjoy!
Great opening line to this post! Your English teacher.
ReplyDelete