A few weeks ago a friend suggest the show Dexter to me and I figured it’s just about the only T.V. show I don’t already watch so I might as well give it a shot. I got the first season DVD and within a few episodes I was completely hooked, in fact I finished the first season in about 4 days. It is packed with drama and is thrilling from start to finish. I can’t think of any other show on T.V. right now like it and I would definitely suggest going over to your local blockbusters or ordering it on Netflix.
The premise of the show is that there is a serial killer named Dexter who kills people who are bad but have not been caught by the police. Dexter is actually not normal at all, he gets urges to kill people and at a very young age his father taught him to direct these urges toward bad people. Dexter has to put on an act for everyone, including the people he works with, his girlfriend, and his sister. The only person who knows the true Dexter was his father who died. The show makes you laugh, surprises you and somehow makes you root for a serial killer.
Not only is the story line great, the acting is amazing as well. The star of the show is Michael C. Hall as Dexter as well as his sister in the show Jennifer Carpenter who is his wife in real life. This show is definitely worth checking out and I promise it wont disappoint.
OMG. Your taste always amazes me. Somehow, I don't think I'll be checking this out (although I get that it's clever).
ReplyDeleteI used to watch Dexter all time! I agree that it definitely gets you hooked.
ReplyDeleteI've always wondered what Dexter was about. Now I want to start watching it!
ReplyDelete