This weekend over thanksgiving break I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I have been waiting to see this movie for a long time and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how entertaining it was. I have read all the Harry Potter books and I have to admit that I had the lowest expectations for this movie for a couple of reasons. First off it was only the first part of the book since the book was so long they had to separate it into two different movies. Second the first half of the final book I found was pretty boring since they were basically stuck in the woods for about three hundred pages. They condensed the three hundred pages down to about twenty minutes in the movie which was something they needed to do or else people would have probably been bored out of they minds. The movie was surprisingly action packed and definitely one of the most entertaining of the seven movies made so far.
I was shocked when I searched J.K. Rowling the author of the Harry Potter books on Wikipedia and learned about her life. Along with being one of the best-known authors of all time she is also one of the most well known rags to riches story. At one time in Rowling’s life when she was just starting to write the first Harry Potter book she was on welfare receiving government aid. She then went on to produce the most successful children’s book of all time as well as became one of Britain’s richest Women. She currently is worth more than a billion dollars. I would say she is doing pretty well for herself.
Here is a preview of the movie if your one of the few that hasn’t gotten to the theaters and seen it yet. Enjoy!!
The seventh book was probably one of the only books that i have ever completed in my life.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the movie goes, i kinda agree with you. They did a pretty good job of cutting down. Also, this movie shows the transition of the characters entering adulthood in a good way.
J.K. Rowling has succeeded in creating a whole new world. Her books are written in a way that completely absorbs the reader. The minor details and the interesting twists make the Harry Potter series a great tale for the young and the old.